What is SEO?
SEO is a crucial technique that provides more visibility for your website. SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results (Organic search traffic is specifically any unpaid traffic that comes from SERPs).
There are a lot of factors that are included in a search engine’s algorithm:
- Domain Level, Link Authority features(quantity of link to the domain, trust/quality of links to the domain, domain-level PageRank) – 20.94%
- Page level Link features( PageRank, TrustRank, a number of link links, anchor text distribution, quality of link sources etc) – 19,15%
- Page Level KW and Content Features ( TF IDF, topic-modeling scores on content, content quantity/relevance) – 14,94%
- Page-Level, Keyword-Agnostic Features( content length, readability, uniqueness, load speed)- 9.8%
- Domain level based features(offline usage of brand/domain name, mentions of brand/domain in new media/press entity association)- 8,59%
- The user, Usage traffic quarry date ( traffic/usage signals from browsers,/toolbars, quantity/ diversity, CTR of queries)- 8,06%
- Social Metrics ( quality/quantity of tweeted links)- 7,24%
- Domain Level Keyword Usage( exact-match keyword domains, partial-keyword matches)- 6,98%
- Domain level Keyword Agnostic Feature( domain name length, TLD extension, domain HTTP, respond time)- 5,21%
SEO is mostly important as Google Algorithm looks for pages that contain high-quality, relevant information according to the searcher’s query. Besides Google Algorithm pays attention to the content of your site.
Now let’s pass on the second part of our article. Let’s discuss the things that you should know about optimizing.
The first thing that is very important for your website is to know what search engines are looking for.
- So the at first you should pay attention to the content which is very important for searchers. If you use unique content and there is not any plagiarize the Google will put it on the first page.
- The 2nd one is performance. It means that you should pay attention to the speed of your site. The more speed your website has, the more people will use it.
- The 3rd one is the authority. It means that your site must have unique content to link to.
- The 4th one is you should pay attention to How does the site look? Is it easy to navigate around? Does it look safe? Does it have a high bounce rate?
- If you want that your site is the first page of Google you should optimize for multi-channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin etc.
- Domain name is the next thing that you should pay attention to. It will be simple but it will attract attention and it must be memorable.
- Create rich media content like video and optimize your non-text content so search engines can see it. If your site uses Flash or PDFs, make sure you read up on the latest best practices so search engines can crawl that content and give your site credit for it.
- Mata description (is the short paragraph of text that appears under your page’s URL in the search results, it’s also something you should have complete control of in your CMS.) is another need that your site must have.
- By the help of Schema markup, you can make your search results appear more attractive by adding Schema markup to the HTML of your pages. This can turn your search results into a rich media playground, adding star-ratings, customer ratings, images, and various other bits of helpful info.
- The use of Google Keyword Planner will help you optimize your site too. Before using words you have to search them on Google Keyword Planner and after that use the words which are searchable for the users.
- You should pay attention to page titles. They must have the same structure
- Alt text makes your website’s images SEO friendly. It’s another avenue for search engines to find your website based on keywords. The text description you provide for an image gives search engines an idea of what the image represents and what the context is. Because of this, it makes your images more accessible – and this means it’s important to use keywords in the alt text.
- H1 Tags (heading tags) are the header tags of HTML which allow you to make certain words stand out on a page. Header tags should include keywords that closely relate to the page title and content. Most commonly, the H1 tag is your page title and the H2 tag is a subheading of other primary keywords.