- WordPress is the most well-known blogging platform and there are many hackers who are interested to hack your blogs. So you have to be more careful.
Though WordPress constantly updating its versions anyhow hackers find vulnerabilities in WordPress that allow them to hack your website even the whole server.
So, here we will discuss the best WordPress Security plugins which will keep your site and blog secure from known threats.
1. IsItWP Security scanner
The IsItWP Security Scanner is one of the famous security plugins for WordPress. This plugin allows you to scan and secure your site and quickly checks your WordPress website for malware and other security vulnerabilities.
It also checks your website in Google Safe Browsing and other malware blacklists to make sure that your domain is clean.
It is a free scanner which I think will be interesting for you.
How is it working?
It is very easy to use you just need to do 3 steps:
1. Enter their official website (https://www.isitwp.com )
2. Submit your site’s URL there
3. Hence you enter it you have to copy and paste your site’s or blogs URL
4. After that, the scanner will scan and let you know about the results
2. Sucuri Security: Auditing, Malware Scanner and Security Hardening
The Sucuri Security plugin is globally recognized authority in all matters related to website security, with specialization in WordPress Security. It is a free platform which allows the WordPress users to scan and fix their sites and blogs.
It offers some services to its users:
- Effective security Hardening
- File Integrity and Blacklist Monitoring
- Post-Hack Security Actions and Security Notifications
- The premium version has a Website Firewall
- Remote Malware Scanning
How to set it up on your site?
First of all, you need to install it. After installation, you will get a notification that you need to generate a free API key to fully activate all its features.
Then click on the Generate API key button and follow the instructions.
Here you can find some screenshots of this plugin.
3.iThemes Security Pro
The iThemes Security plugin has a pro version only. It is the most well-known plugin all over the world and it claims to offer 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress website.
It is very easy to install you just need to enter their official site, and then click to set up button and install it on your site.
Many developers describe this: the plugin’s job is to protect, detect, and obscure.
This plugin really specializes in fortifying the login and user management piece of WordPress security, so if that is a primary concern for you, then this may be a good one to start with.
The main advantages are:
- you can use the Google Authenticator or Authy to generate a code or have a generated code emailed to you.
- It makes updating your WordPress keys and salts easy
- Has an option Malware Scan Scheduling
- It generates strong passwords which will help you to save and protect your site
- Google reCAPTCHA are also available here
- The important tasks are managed such as user banning and system scans right from the WordPress dashboard.
- You can manage your site’s security from the command line too.
- The option of temporary admin also is here
It is very important to realize that this plugin scans the entire website and tries to find if there is any potential vulnerability in your website. It also prevents bruteforce attacks and ban IP addresses which try to bruteforce.
Here are some images for your kind review.
4.All In One WP Security and Firewall
Next plugin is All in One WP Security and Firewall. It is easy to install to. It has a user-friendly interface which will help the people who are not familiar with installing plugins to install it easily.
The All In One WP Security also uses an unprecedented security points grading system to measure how well you are protecting your site based on the security features you have activated.
Below are the features that make this plugin different from the others:
- Has an option of a strong password which will make you create a strong password
- The users/bots cannot discover user info via author permalink.
- It detects if your name and username are the same. if yes you should change it as it will be easy for hackers to hack it.
- It protects your users from Brute Force Login Attack
- If you are an admin so you can see the whole locked out users’ list
- You can monitor the users’ activities
- The ability to automatically lockout IP address ranges which attempt to login with an invalid username
- The option to add captcha to the WordPress’s user registration page to protect you from spam user registration.
- The identification of files and folders are available here too
- Easily backup your original .htaccess and wp-config.php files in case you will need to use them to restore broken functionality.
- It is translation ready and you can translate it in your own language
Now let’s pass on screenshots.
5.Shield Security for WordPress
This is the easiest setup plugin just a few steps and your site and blog will be secured.
It is true that it is easy to use and set up but has a powerful protection blocks attacks and suspicious activity.
Here is the list of its options:
- Automatic Updates Control
- Google Authenticator and Email are available here
- Has an IP Black List
- 100% Automated Comments SPAM for Blocking
- Easy to use and install Guided Wizards
- Has a reCAPTCHA
- User Activity Logging and Audit Trail
- Core File Scanners
- Excellent customer support
- Powerful free security protection
How to install it?
At first, you need to enter to your WordPress administration menu and from the slider bar select Plugins, then add new, search Shielder Security and install it.
In general, it has some options which will help you to use it:
- Global Options
- General options
- Google sub tab
- Security admin
- Login protection
- Brute force login protection
- User management
- Comments SPAM
At last find some images of Shield Security for WordPress
Another famous plugin for securing your website is the BulletProof Security. This plugin is easy to use and install plugin too. It secures your website against RFI, XSS, CRLF, SQL injection, and code injection hackings.
In General, it is one of the easiest, safe and cheap plugins which has many unique features.
Now I will share with you its features and let you know about the installation and also will show you some images which I think will help you to know more about it.
- Easy setup
- MScan scanner
- Auth Cookie Expiration
- HTTP Error Logging
- quarantining of uploaded files and file monitoring
- email alert
- DB Monitor Intrusion Detection System
- Anti-spam and anti-hacker JTC
- Custom php.ini Website Security too
- HTTP and PHP Error Logging
- You can also upload folders from the Anti-Exploit Guard
- The custom PHP website security is also available here
- In general, it has 3 themes Skins
- Has an option of F-Lock ( Read Only File Locking)
- DB Table Prefix Changer and Real-time File Monitor
- This plugin also has a DB Diff Tool, DB Backup, DB Status and Info
- You can also install the uploaded ZIP
- Back end and front end Maintenance Mode option
- One of the main options are Files Cron, Hidden Plugin Folders, Dashboard Alerting, Idle Session Logout, Quarantine Intrusion Detection & Prevention System,
- Translation ready
Here you can find some screenshots.
7.Wordfance Security –farewall and Malware Scan
So let’s pass on the next plugin which is WordFance. This plugin has one million downloads and 4.9 score rating and it covers login security, IP blocking, security scanning, and WordPress firewall and monitoring.
It has many advantages but let’s enumerate some of them:
- It doesn’t show other analytics packages in real time; including origin, their IP address, and the time of day and time spent on your site.
- Has an excellent comment spam filter
- This plugin identifies and blocks malicious traffic.
- The protection of this plugin is excellent
- Real-time IP Blacklist blocks all requests from the most malicious IPs, protecting your site while reducing a load
- It checks all the core files, themes, and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects and code injections.
- It is updating from the Threat Defense Feed
- It is checking your site and alerting you if there is any problem
- You can repair files that have changed by overwriting them with a pristine, original version. Delete any files that don’t belong easily within the Wordfence interface.
- You can even check your content security by scanning file contents, posts, and comments for dangerous URLs and suspicious content.
- Translation read which means that you can translate it on your own language
Find some images here.